Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thankful for my mom...A Christian mother!

My mom spoke for the first time that I ever heard her this past Saturday at her church for the Ladies Spring Banquet and she is going to be 84 next month..she did an awesome job! She told me she was so nervous but you never would have known...she didn't even look at her notes! I was amazed ...I have been very fortunate to grow up in a Christian home my entire life and today I got to hear my mom share how she didn't grow up in a Christian home and it wasn't until she was married that she ever really got to go to church...

My parents have been married this month for 62 years. My mom spoke on loving your neighbor and your friends or enemies...it was neat to hear her share how some neighbors really were hard to love and she had to learn to love them....they have lived in the same neighborhood for over 50 years. My mom has been involved in Child Evanglism Fellowship for over 38 years and she has taught so many Good News Clubs, Awana's, Sunday School Classes and she is involved in Christian Women's Clubs...she still teaches Bible Studies and is always on the go...Last weekend Child Evanglism even gave her an award and are going to give it out each year and call it the Ruth Johnson Achievment Award....for all of her faithful years of giving! She still works out at the Womens Workout Center and is there oldest member. She faithfully goes at least 4 times a week to work out...

I have to say my mom is one amazing person....her mom lived to be 101 and just passed away a year ago..These were my mom's favorite verses and she used them today...it was cute at first she had a huge fresh basket of fresh fruit and asked if anyone wanted it...everyone just sat there and she kept asking if anyone wanted it and finally someone said she would love it..my mom told her all she had to do was come and get it...then everyone was like wow she really just gave that with nothing attached! My mom shared that is how God is...I thought that was so neat....hugs, cheryl

Give your moms a hug this week if she is around or near...they are special people to us and sometimes we take them for granted...

Psalms 92:14English Revised VersionThey shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap and green

John 15:12-1712 ‘This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15I do not call you servants* any longer, because the servant* does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father. 16You did not choose me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask him in my name. 17I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another.

No comments: