Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lessons of Gold

Lessons of Gold

'Twas not the softer stages of life
that taught me the Lessons of Gold.
But rather, it was hard times & trials by faith
where God's Word was all I could hold.
For there in the hours of dark desperation
I saw God as I finally should;
As the one to move on my behalf
and do what only He could.
It was there in the silence when sorrow begged
the tears that ran down my face,
That God taught me true comfort and tendered my heart
as He loved me there in that place.
It was in those chapters where all of me was spent,
but my lack of strength set me free.
For there in my frailty, I looked up to find
that God's grace was sufficient for me.
It was through the baffling, hard problems of life
when others had no answers to find,
That I discovered the true source of wisdom
-was my God who is perfect and kind.
It was learning to submit and wait on God
that actually put me ahead.
For I've been blessed by things that I couldn't change
when God used them to change me instead.

© Sheila Gosney

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. Romans 8:28-30 NKJV

No comments: