Sunday, January 4, 2009

Praying about a Situation!

Q-TIP (Quote To Incite Prayer)
A number of years ago I spent months praying about a certain situation. When the answer came, it was the exact opposite of what I’d hoped.
In a case like that, it’s easy to doubt, and I did. Does God understand what’s going on? Does He care? Is He powerful enough to answer?
Of course, the answer to all three of those questions is yes. He knows everything. He cares about me, and He’s powerful enough to act. In fact, He’s wise, caring, and powerful enough to do what’s in my best interest, even if it’s not what I’ve been asking for.
Prayer doesn’t always lead to the answers we want, but it does give perspective to face situations without knowing all the whys. And in the process, we learn to know God and trust Him more fully. I know what it’s like to see heartfelt prayers not get answered as I hoped. But I know another thing, God can be trusted! ~Nancy Leigh DeMoss:
@Sent by Mary Sutherland

1 comment:

littlethings1 said...

Just stopping by Cheryl to say a big Hi and hope you are doing well !!
Hugs
Eunice