Saturday, April 18, 2009

To Mothers!

My eyes are always watching to see how you’re going to respond

If I want my dreams to come true, I must not oversleep.
Of all the things I wear, my expression is the most important.
The happiness of my life depends on the quality of my thoughts.

The heaviest thing I can carry is a grudge


One thing I can give and still keep…is my word.


I lie the loudest when I lie to myself.

If I lack the courage to start, I have already finished.
One thing I can’t recycle is wasted time.


I lie the loudest when I lie to myself.

If I lack the courage to start, I have already finished.
One thing I can’t recycle is wasted time.


My mind is like a parachute…it functions only when open.


My mind is like a parachute…it functions only when open.


Laughing is healing


The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime! It is never too late to become what I might have been.


Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.

Think of Mother as a Verb.
Thinking of the word mother not as a noun but as a verb (”to mother”) helps change your internal definitions so that you stop looking to a human female for perfect parenting and begin to identify your mother as anyone who offers you maternal care. You’re being mothered when anyone offers you one or more of the following gifts:

Acceptance. This is not the anxious adoration of a mother who pins her hopes for happiness on her child’s appearance or achievements. True mothering starts with unconditional love for another person, without demands or expectations.

Nourishment. Sustenance, comfort and care, whether physical or emotional, are components of real motherhood. Anyone who nurtures you, in body, mind or heart, is mothering you.

Instruction. Real mothers teach constantly, showing both by example and by explanation what their children must know in order to live well.

Empowerment. Real mothers are intent on working themselves out of a job; by building in those they mother the courage and confidence needed to become completely independent.

The perfect mother is available to all of us if we’re willing to let go of expectations that will never be filled, and to see what is being offered to us here and now. Though all mothers are limited, the force of motherhood is not. It surrounds us every day, in all sorts of guises, some predictable and ordinary, some startling and extraordinary.
If you allow yourself to embrace it, I guarantee you’ll find it waiting to embrace you. And that, to me, is the mother of all comforts.

No comments: