Monday, June 2, 2008

My dad ..ups and downs of the hospital...

It has been a long weekend of ups and downs and this told and that said and finally today they are coming up with more details of what they feel is happening...my dad they feel had a stroke a few weeks ago when we noticed something was wrong with him...then the stares and sitting not talking were mini seizures happening and when they did the MRI a few weeks ago that was the spot of the stroke on the brain...then they did another MRI yesterday and there have been changes and now some bleeding is occurring at that spot...then they did another PSA test and before his test came back at 22 and now it is over 200 so they did a bone scan to see if the cancer has spread and we will not know till later on about this. But they are putting him on seizure medicine and his temps have spiked up to 104.0 as of last night and he has had to be on a cooling mat with ice bags around him..he has been a trooper through out all of this..My mom is hanging in there and Lindsay and my mom and I are switching going up to feed him ...he will have to start physical therapy and to get his strength back up and that is why he was so lethargic from the stroke...Now our prayers are that the bone scan does not show anything bad...then my mother's kitchen has been torn up and the carpenter had been doing all the repairs and I so want my dad to come home as he is so excited about his new kitchen as he has wanted this for so many years..My mom and dad have had so many calls and people visiting him from church and friends it is so awesome to see the outpouring of love shown to them at this time from their Christian Friends...they are truly loved by many and I have had so many people share so many stories about my mom and dad..it is awesome to hear them...

I got a call from Lorraine at CEF and they are going to get some help for us and come and put my mother's kitchen back together again for her as my mom will never ask for help so that will be such a relief as it is all over the place and the carpenter should be done tomorrow...please pray for my family especially my siblings it has been a very stressful time and for my mom...hugs, cheryl God is working!
PS Lindsay is doing amazing! She looks so good and to think how much pain she was in just a few weeks ago is so hard to believe...

No comments: