Thursday, April 24, 2008



Through the Years of Weeping

There were chapters & seasons in this journey of life
that were harder than I dreamed they would be,
Where the climbing and the toiling was an uphill battle
with no end in sight I could see.
But God in His beauty penetrated the darkness
that tried to overwhelm me there,
And I found that the knowledge of His truth was more important
than any heartache that didn't seem fair.
It was there in the tossing...and the uncertainty of life
that I held onto the Anchor that holds.
For the blessedness of His Sprit dwelling within me
was more priceless than mountains of gold.
It was there that God taught me & tenderly brought me
to a truth that I needed to know;
That faith must be tested in the fires of adversity
to be refined and have chance to grow.
Through the years of weeping...my Father was always keeping
my prayers and petitions in His hand.
For the times He answered "no" or said I wasn't ready
He gave the grace so that I could understand.
No matter the circumstances or whatever it involved
God strengthened me with His faithful heart.
And when the trial was over, I knew much more of God
than I ever knew of Him at the start.

©Sheila Gosney

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
Psalm 30:11-12 NKJV

No comments: