Friday, November 14, 2008

Wisdom of God...

The Wisdom of God for the Best


It has been through the everyday issues of life
that God showed me what can't be erased.
For the trials of the journey became priceless treasures
when they taught me to seek out His face.
When the way seemed uncertain and I truly needed
direction on how to proceed,
I found that the silence between heaven's answers
would hold all of the peace I would need.
It was in those times I felt utterly desperate
with no resource but the power of prayer,
That I came to realize that God made me desperate
just to prove He was already there.
It was there in the weakness of my own human nature
that exhaustion left my heart asking, "Why?"
But it was there Jesus taught me to rest in His presence
and to take from His endless supply.
It was times of disappointment and continual roadblocks
that showed me God's will is supreme.
For beyond the disappointments He revealed greater purpose
that was higher than my hopes & dreams.
The hard times and trials have added up to give me
the wisdom of God for the best.
For they changed me and showed me what I didn't know
and I walked away knowing I'm blessed.

©Sheila Gosney

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:2-8

No comments: